Submitted: 07-24-2013 by Zarkauskas
I first paddled a Surge when I was looking for a good used fibreglass kayak. The dealer suggested I try a new Surge as well. I felt I would be too big for it but once I tried it, I was sold. I had tried several other kayaks that day - used, new, rudder, skeg - a very good comparison test. It was an especially windy day but I loved the control that the Surge exhibited, especially without a rudder or skeg. It's extremely lightweight (39 lbs for a 17'+ kayak).

I have had this kayak for 5 years now and have never regretted buying it nor ever felt I needed anything more. I have raced in all kinds of conditions and paddled extensively on ocean (Scituate, Cohasset, Hingham, Boston Harbor, Cape Ann, MA, Cape Cod) and have always felt confident with its ability to handle whatever came at me.

Paddling.net T-Shirt Sale: