Submitted: 07-24-2013 by Shiocbarb

I have owned this boat for ten years. My husband and I lived in our fifth-wheel camper for ten years while we traveled the US, Canada and Mexico. So I have paddled the Atlantic, Pacific, the Gulf of Mexico, the Sea of Cortez (during our trip down the Baha Penninsula of Mexico), and many, many rivers and lakes. In the waves of the Rogue River in Oregon, I was amazed at how maneuverable my boat was! The kayak held all my overnight gear for a camping trip into the Boundary Waters of Minnesota. It is so versatile because it handles well in class three rapids, and stormy, windy weather as well as flat water.

Over the years, my confidence in the boat has never wavered. It has taken a beating: Blew away in a wind storm, crashed into rocks, and dragged over gravel which proves how durable it is. I am now 71 years old and I know I will never part with my kayak. We have bonded!! We have a small place on a lake now and each night I take my awesome kayak out fishing. We still travel during the winter, the kayaks go into the fifth wheel, and we head to Florida to paddle with the gators!

I will continue to promote kayaking and the Perception brand! Four couples we met on the road tried our kayaks, loved kayaking, and all bought Perceptions! What more can I say about this great love affair I have for my kayak!!!!