Submitted: 07-24-2013 by Kurt Johnson

The Storm GT and I just got body slammed from behind by an unexpected 6' ocean swell out of Seward AK. Water was instantly sucked out from under, we hit bottom and the wave slammed us both hard info the sand & rocks. Only damage was the rudder shaped off at the base.

Next day we fought 30mph wind in standing 10-15' waves paddling absolutely full throttle only making inches of headway per stroke before breaking free of the point we were going around, paddled another 6 miles in sustained 10mph wind with gusts before riding a beach to crash on. Worst condition I have ever paddled in. Storm took all the abuse and handled exceptionally well considering the rudder was gone. Boat also took me from Cordova Alaska to Valdez, 317 miles with one 46 mile day.

Original fit was not great for me at 5'7", I moved the knee braces back to fit me, raised the seat 1", and added 1/2" foam to keep my calves off the bottom and under the foot pegs for padding and warmth against the Alaska waters I paddle.

Boat does sit low in the water when loaded, which means a few more waves come over the cockpit, but I will take that any day for the stability and handling the Storm provides in extreme conditions.

NRS: