Submitted: 07-24-2013 by S.P.

The Native Ultimate 14.5 is stable, fast, roomy, easy to paddle, and super comfortable. The open design allows endless possibilities for packing and outfitting. Also, the open design makes fishing from this kayak a dream! The seat is relaxing and easy to adjust on the water. The large foot braces are the most comfortable that I have experienced on any of the kayaks I have paddled. The Ultimate's plastic does not feel as thick as some boats like Wilderness Systems and Old Town, but I like that the Ultimate is light and easy to load.

I gave the boat a "9" because the high sides catch a lot of wind, and might make a wet entry interesting. One benefit of the high sides, though, is they help when entering and exiting the yak. I have several kayaks, but on most paddling days, I load the Native Ultimate and leave my other kayaks safe at home in the rack!

Ocean Rodeo Sports: