Submitted: 07-23-2013 by Maverell

I purchased my OT Pack last summer. Since then I have paddled it most weekends. Typically I paddle on slow moving rivers. I purchased this Canoe due to the fact that I paddle most times alone can portage/car top the car with ease. The Canoe at 33lbs replaced my 54lb Kayak.

So far I have taken the canoe down class II rapids on the Delaware River in PA and White River in VT. Although this is a recreational canoe I had no issue in these mild rapids. I have hit some rocks getting only a few minor scrapes. I typically paddle with a single blade but have purchased a Bending Branches 260cm double blade which helps in the wind. I have brought my son and daughter (one at a time) along no problem and the dog as well.

I would recommend this canoe to someone looking for ease of use for mild rivers. The boat does exactly what is expected of it and I look forward to enjoying it for years to come.