Submitted: 07-22-2013 by Lee Leavelle

Our Ranger Canoe cuts through the water beautifully and seems to like it's nose into the wind. We paddle in California on lakes, rivers and sloughs, mainly flat water. sometimes in the evening on the return trip we are faced with afternoon winds. At the end of a trip this can make the trip so much work that it overshadows a great day on the water. Not so with our new Ranger Canoe. This boat plays into a headwind as if it likes it, making the whole day better. This boat also interacts with with wakes and waves in such a manner as to dissipate their energy much better than my old royalex Explorer. It does involve a minor learning curve if you are used to a flat bottom boat.

The only thing I will change is to tip the cane seat a little because I paddle mostly on my knees and the leading edge cuts into my rear end a little, Raising the back edge of the seat about 1 inch will most likely remedy that problem.

We love our new boat. Shipping from back east was no problem. the network of manufacturer to shipper, to delivery here in California was excellent. I met people who were helpful, kind and generous.
Thanks Michael O'Hara!