Submitted: 07-22-2013 by Will

This was my first kayak purchase. I purchased two because I wanted to have a second for a friend to go along. I have rented a couple in the past for white water tours. I knew when I purchased this kayak, that it was not built for white water. I use the kayak for lakes and rivers for exercise and fishing.

On a lake or river with a lot of wake, the kayak can be tipped about, but knowing how to handle it, is key. I have never flipped the kayak. On a clam lake(no motors permitted), the kayaks handles a lot better. When paddling right or left, it will propel forward, as it should and I do not notice it drifting more to one side or the other, or not allowing for a stable path. I do realize that after 6 or 8 paddles, my boat may start steering more to the left and I have to give a couple consecutive paddles on the left side to correct, but I attribute this to the fact that my right arm is stronger and I am able to paddle harder on that side. With a good rhythm, this is easily avoided.

When sitting still, I do notice that, if I make a sudden move to the right or left, the kayak will tip a little that way, but it's not that big of a deal and, like I mentioned before, it has never flipped. I purchased the kayak on sale and it was a pretty good deal. These little quirks are something that comes along with the territory of a cheaper kayak.

The hull of the kayak is very strong and sturdy. I have ran over rocks and trees and I still don't have a scratch on it. I am able to enter and exit the kayak effortlessly.

Most of my friends have never been on a kayak and they are able to learn quickly on this kayak and we always have a great time. This kayak is great for someone who is not interested in white water and wants to have a great time on a lake or river.