Submitted: 07-22-2013 by Ed W

This is my first kayak, but I've rented a few in the price range. I am fairly disappointed after reading the good reviews here.
    Pros:
  • Not too heavy
  • Lots of room
  • Sturdy

Cons:

• NO built in flotation. No foam in bow anymore.
  • Leaky bulkhead in the rear.
  • Leaky hatch for rear bulkhead.
  • Tracks poorly.
Like an idiot I assumed that there was foam in the bow as the previous models had. I capsized it and it immediately sunk with the stern pointing to the sky. Then the rear bulkhead started taking on water and the damn thing eventually sunk just below the surface(no gear at all). Lucky I was testing it in a shallow place where I was safe and could recover it.

I filled the rear with a pair of stern bags today, and the bow with another float bag, plus two old PFDs. After swamping it the cockpit still has too much water to bail and get back in reasonably.

So the deal price is becoming less of a deal...I could have had fiberglass bulkheads front and back for the price so far.