Submitted: 07-21-2013 by ethanace

I've had my Camden 120 for about 4 months now, and used it heavily, on everything: still lakes and rivers, a couple of creeks, and class III rapids, up to 6-7 hours at a time. I've also filled it with 75 pounds of gear plus me, and it's done well.
    The good:
  • It's stable, pretty much all the time. I have fallen in exactly once and that was my own fault. I've had it full of water up to about 2" from the top of the cockpit and it still was manageable in rapids.
  • It turns very easily. I have friends with 14' Pungos, and I can have this boat around in a third the time they can.
  • The seat is comfortable, and adjustable enough that I can always find the right spot for it.
  • The foot pegs are easy to adjust while on the water, which is necessary for me, because I can't stand keeping my legs in the same position all day.

The bad:

• It doesn't track amazingly well. Mine tends to go left. It's not severe, but enough to be annoying on occasion. For what I do, I'm okay with it, though, because I think if it tracked straighter, it wouldn't be so easy to turn quickly.
  • The seat back has popped off a couple of times if I adjust it to its highest position and lean back on it. It's not major, and I think most don't keep it quite that high, anyway. Still, it happened 12 miles into an 18 mile paddle once, which was not the most comfortable occurrence.
  • The front glove box takes on water. Not majorly. Enough, though, that I don't recommend putting anything electronic in there on its own, without a waterproof container of some sort.
The bad isn't amazingly bad, and the stability is great. I'd recommend it, as long as you're not planning long, straight trips with it. The tracking may drive you nuts, and while it's short enough to handle well, it's not long enough to be really fast.

Suspenz: