Submitted: 07-20-2013 by Bernie/cny

A local dealer had a leftover at a good price so I bought it after a test paddle.At the time I had a longer boat but I wanted something I could just toss in the PU bed instead of dealing with roof hauling.At first I really liked it but I found that after a couple hours my back got sore. I tried everything I could as far as seat adjustment goes but the size/shape of the seat area was simply way to big for someone my size. Nonetheless, this boat would be a great choice for someone large enough to fit it properly.

For it's length-width I was very surprised how easily it paddled and it has good speed to. Like many of Oceans older designs there's a good bit of rocker fore and aft. That's sadly lacking in most boats these days. I guess they're trying to squeeze as much speed out as they can. A mistake if you paddle big waters or where big wakes can be an issue.

This is another boat Ocean should not have dropped from their line. If you're the right size and find one used it would be well worth trying.

Thunder Bay Tourism: