Submitted: 07-20-2013 by Lon

Have had a Storm for a decade. Wife (5'4", not thin) loves it. We bough this poly boat to hang on a scaffold at our beach which takes a beating from a 20-mile reach (distance over water) where wind builds and hits our property, destroys the scaffold, knocks the kayaks in the water where the chain holds them for hi tide/flood current/ 45 mph wind beatings. Kayaks fill with water and silt. Empty the Storm, 15 minutes of simple rudder adjustments and the Storm is ready to go. My wife has a Mariner Express for travel, a superb boat out of production. She comments a whole lot (and not gently) and never comments on the performance difference between the poly Storm and the glass Mariner.

Given durability against beach beatings and its performance, I rate it very well and am looking for a replacement for my 25-yr old Nimbus Puffin whose keel has finally worn thru. Given that this boat did exactly what we wanted, i.e survive without defect (other than some color loss) on the beach 12 months a year for a decade ad still performance-perfect, I thought a review was well-warranted.