Submitted: 07-19-2013 by rtnospam
The Trinity II is a blue, slightly longer version of the Aire Sawtooth II, sold by The Boat People. I have the Chinese version which only came with a one-year warranty. The Boat People now sell a made in the USA version with a 10 Year Warranty, that is also lighter.

I purchased this boat because I was interested in the Sawtooth II but I wanted a blue model instead of the yellow Aire Sawtooth II. I recently purchased a Sawtooth I and it is nice to be able to mix and match the Aire Cheetah seats.

The Trinity II comes with 2 seats and is over 15' long. It's great for lakes and big water. I've taken it on several Lake Superior trips, including the Apostle Islands. It is self bailing and I love crashing over the waves with this craft. The self bailing is not quick but with the bailing holes I am never sitting in water.

I use this kayak solo, (you can arrange seats however you like due to the dozens of tie down loops along each side of the floor) with 2 people, and with 3 people (my 2 elementary age children). I think the speed is among the best with 2 paddlers. It tracks well; I do use the included skeg whenever the water is deep enough to support it. It is easy to slide in and remove when the craft is deflated.

My main complaint about this and other "skin and bladder" boats is that it is cumbersome to dry. I get as much water out of it as I can before putting it on a tarp in my trunk, then take it out and dry it again when I get home. It cleans up well but its water retention is the primary drawback for this craft. That said, I've owned my Trinity II for 3 years and it has not accumulated any mold or odor from moisture.

Despite the drying complaint, this is my favorite kayak. I'd love to upgrade my heavier Trinity II for the newer model. The made-in-the-USA Trinity II folds down smaller, has a longer warranty, and is lighter weight, but is also nearly double what I paid for my Chinese version.