Submitted: 07-19-2013 by piscisergosum

This review is of the Posi-Lok Dual Button Ferrule version of the Manta Ray Carbon. I bought the 240cm version to propel my Jackson Cuda around the many swamps and bayous I fish. I have also used it on a few 22 mile races that I participate for fun. I describe myself as a high angle paddler and try to keep a good "windmill" rhythm when I am cruising. When fishing I often stand and use the paddle as a Push Pole against rocks, trees, oysters, and sand. I am impressed at how well this lightweight paddle has held up. What I like most is that it doesn't flutter like others I have tried. My friends tell me I paddle to hard. Whatever, this works for me. No problems with the Posi-Lok! This could be made better with some slots to grab line cut into the blades. For me, this is the best paddle for the price ($200).

New York Kayak Co.: