Submitted: 07-18-2013 by Sue B.

In July 2012, I received my custom-made Lumpy Paddle and have hardly touched my Euro blade since. The ordering and measuring process was very thorough and thoughtful. Bill Bremer interviewed me by e-mail and phone about my paddling style, discussing measurements and preferences to get the information he needed to create a paddle that suited me.

The paddle itself is a work of art - beautiful cedar with a finish that was like velvet and almost too gorgeous to use, but I got past that as soon as I took it out on the water. I've tried other Greenland paddles, both hand- and commercially made, and always struggled with flutter and noise. Not so with this paddle. From the first time I used it, the paddle entered the water without a splash or waver, and as my technique has improved with practice, it has proven to be silent, intuitive, comfortable, and powerful.

I regularly paddle long distances (15-20+ miles) on and around the Chesapeake Bay in various conditions, and my Lumpy Paddle is now my go-to paddle.