Submitted: 10-23-2000 by Mike

This boat is a little play and a little river runner. It doesn't do both perfectly but does let you have a good time trying. I have to admit I've been a little jealous of the guys pulling off the rodeo moves in their slicey little boats, but the Redline will let you get a nice stern squirt and sets up for drops well (occasionally the stern does stick on a drop if your not careful). It's easy to roll and feels relatively stable through boils, across eddy lines, through haystacks, etc. The planing hull is sweetness, it's nice step up if you've been paddling something like an RPM. Surfing this thing is the best, even on little waves the boat goes where you want it to go and sticks in a wave as long as you want. I have to say that I do feel a little cramped in the Redline. I'm 5'10", 175 lbs, and after about 2 hours of paddling I feel like the Thanksgiving wishbone - my thighs have been stretched apart all day without quite snapping out from my hips. Plus my size 10 feet feel like they are at about the limit with the bulkhead moved all the way back. There simply isn't much, if any, room to move your legs or feet around to get a needed stretch now and then. Like an earlier poster mentioned, I'm having so much fun I hardly notice the pain, but I do ache for awhile after I get out. Overall this boat is a blast, the comfort factor is a bit of a pain, but the ride more than makes up for it.

MTI Adventurewear: