Submitted: 07-15-2013 by rbailey
After logging in over 1000 miles on my Old Seven 2 Paddle, that no one said would last, I felt it was time to go with the new Exodus Fishstix. The seven 2 is still kicking, but after adding 1 1/2" of close cell cushion to my sit on top, I felt the need for a longer paddle.

I must admit I was a little set back at paying close to $400 with tax for a fishing paddle, but after giving it some adjustment and break-in time, I am 100% happy.

Two words of caution for the new buyer. First, give yourself some adjustment time if you are going from a straight paddle to a curved one. Second, if your old paddle had a lot of flex, don't expect the Fish Stix to bend. I had the tendency to dig more that I needed and found my joints to ache a bit from putting more pressure on them from a slightly different angle than I was accustom to. After my third trip, I started settling in with the change in form and I am extremely enjoying it.