Submitted: 07-05-2013 by zpm

I really like this boat. I am a larger paddler 6feet 280lbs and this boat fits me really well. It has a high deck, which I really appreciate.

The boat has plenty of space for long trips and generally performs well. I bought the plastic version of the Tsunami 175 and am happy with the tracking, stability, ability to edge, and overall speed. The extra weight (compared to the composite version) doesn't seem to matter much once its in the water.

The Tsunami is not the most maneuverable boat but it's the best that I've paddled for it's size. I have paddled the composite version and it does seem to handle better in choppy conditions but otherwise the plastic and composite were similar.

I spent a little extra to put the recreational seat from the Tsunami 145 in and was really comfortable afterwards, the default is a backband seat, which promotes better posture but does not give you much support. I can roll this boat empty but have not tried with a load.

Overall great boat