Submitted: 10-23-2000 by Bill

We have had our Nootka Outfitter for about a year now. We bought the boat primarily for it's comfort and stablity. We are very comfortable in this boat in any condictions. We have been out in fairly rough conditions with waves breaking over the bow giving my wife a very wet ride (she is usually in the forward seat). We have never felt unstable or where we have had to make any serious brace strokes to stay upright. We have not been on any extended trips. We mostly do day trips. We do day trips in comfort. We have had some rather elaborate pic-nics. On a secluded beach, lounging in our folding camp chairs, table spread out with wine, bread and cheese, reading the latest issue of Sea Kayaking magazine. Since we purchased our Outfitter, we have been out on the average, at least once a week. We are in Northeren California where there is good paddling water every where, lakes, rivers, wetlands, bays (year around). We very much enjoy our Outfitter. Hauling a 100lb 22 ft Kayak is not an easy task. We have delt with that aspect very well. I made a support brace for the front of my Jeep Wrangler, installed a Yakima rack system with rollers. Most of the time I can load or unload the boat myself. We travel from Montery to Tahoe hauling our Outfitter. It's an awesome sight, the Jeep Wrangler with a green 22 ft. Kayak on top. We give our Outfitter a 10 of 10. Great Boat!