Submitted: 07-05-2013 by smithfield_paddler
So I've owned and paddled a fairly wide variety of boats. From Pungos to Scorpios. After being a touring boat guy for several years I just kinda got tired of all the gear required to paddle a touring boat. I now wanted a boat to paddle just a few miles at a time that had enough stability to fish and swim off of. The problem with most SOT's is that they can't really be edged effectively. I really didn't want to use corrective strokes all the time to turn the boat. This hull is a great compromise of stability and maneuverability. You can actually edge turn this boat very well.

Plenty of dry storage if you want to make an overnight or weekend trip. Seat height feels like a good compromise between the sporty low height of the Necky Vector and the more traditional heights of the WS Tarpon boats. Speed is slightly better than most other SOT's due to the hull shape. The molded in handles are GREAT and very well balanced. Makes the boat much easier to pick up and handle. Honestly one of the easiest SOT's to car top. Also keeps the boat from snagging on the roof rack when upside down like a traditional strap handle does. I know it seems like an odd thing to gush over but I LOVE the handles!

Bottom Line: I'd say this boat is about 60% touring and 40% fishing.