Submitted: 06-24-2013 by necanoe
Very much a beginner at canoeing. Wanted something that myself and my wife, both around age 50, could enjoy while camping. Neither of us are in great shape. Have only canoed and kayaked a handful of times. Bought a used Adventure 16 in really good shape, and used it for the first time this past weekend at Danforth Bay/Lake Ossipee in Freedom, NH.

First time out was with my daughter, who is in good shape. From the moment we launched it was a joy. I was nervous from the few reviews saying this was an unstable canoe, but we had no problem whatsoever. I wouldn't want to try to stand up in it, but never once did I feel it was overly unstable while sitting and paddling, or getting a stuff from a bag on the floor of the canoe. We were hit multiple times by wakes from passing powerboats from the front and side and at worst we just rocked gently.

As far as comfort this canoe rocked! The seats and adjustable seatbacks are just plain luxurious compared to any canoe or kayak I've been in. And as far as paddling, the canoe just moved right along. The lake was filled with Kayaker's and not a single one was moving faster than us and we weren't trying to go fast.

Our first day out I spend about 3 hours paddling with my wife and daughter and have absolutely no regrets about our choice. They both love it as well.

The only cons would be that the Canoe is on the heavy side, and that that the rim does trap a little water from draining when tipped upside down. Both of these are minor issues for us.