Submitted: 06-24-2013 by donniepizza

I've owned my Tracer for 5 months and was immediately aware of the low initial stability. Otherwise everything else performed great. The hull design accelerates and turns quickly. I have paddled her in different conditions and have no qualms with wind, or current conditions. What I have found is that by moving the seat back 1 1/2" and the backband adjusted to near the rear of the coaming, the initial stability increased.

I am 6'1" 190lbs with a 33" pant length, strong paddler. My g/f also has one, she is 5' 125lbs and says initial stability is great, but has to use ballast on windy days. We love the boats and as far as Trylon goes that stuff is tough! I was carrying my Tracer on my shoulder, fell off a dock onto a stone boat launch and face planted into the cockpit. The Tracer suffered scuffs, that's it! I am giving the Tracer a 10.