Submitted: 06-22-2013 by Rich

Just bought my used Coleman RAMX17. Purchased for $225. Interior is in excellent condition. The exterior is faded from red to a very light, almost milky looking red. Would imagine the plastic doesn't have good UV stabilizers in it, but I don't think it weakens the material. My wife and I can carry it but its not exactly light...but very manageable. I would consider it stable as long as it is in the water, put the front keel on shore and it will tip right over with little effort. I have not canoed for quite some time, but it feels relatively fast for its size and weight. Does not turn on a dime, but would imagine not many 17' canoes do with a flat bottom...I prefer the stability, at least for my style of canoeing which will be recreational and fishing. I am going to fabricate an aluminum leaning tower and sponson outriggers and mount an electric trolling motor on it with an anchor pole for easier fishing this summer. I like the indestructible feel of the canoe.