Submitted: 06-21-2013 by Pete

I currently have two Heritage Angler solo kayaks. I had been placing my son in the 12 footer with me but he was getting too big. So, it was either buy him a small solo and deal with transporting three boats, or get a tandem and have one adult paddle solo.

I purchased the 135T used. Launched it for the first time this weekend on a large lake in a light breeze. I was very pleased with this kayak. She tracks very well even with just me paddling from the stern. Stable. Turns more easily than I expected (again, with just me turning the from stern). When two are paddling and not in unison (happens often with a ten year old in the bow), we didn't smack paddles as there is good distance between the two people. Balance was fine with me (140 pounds) and child (75 pounds).

My only complaint was that I couldn't get the seat adjusted so it was adequately comfortable. It has plenty of adjustments (seatback pitch and height, under-leg height) and it is padded. So I need to spend a little more time experimenting. Foot rests were well positioned tool.

Finally, I thought that it would be heavy and a bit unwieldy but again pleasantly surprised. I can pick it up on my own and get it into the bed of my truck. If putting it on rooftop racks, you would want help to make it easy.