Submitted: 06-21-2013 by PHILIPJEDLICKA
Just an update now that I've had a few months worth of paddling the Etain.
I found the boat to be super stable and fun in confused seas with waves bouncing off sea walls and rocky shores. This boat is also very responsive to edging and paddle inputs.

The skeg is a bit vague and really less effective than the one I had on my Aquanaut Club RM. Running with the wind/ waves even with the skeg fully down does not stop weathercocking completely. I'm not sure if this is due to the swede form design or me being at the low end of the recommended weight (I'm 175-180lbs). In short I have to do a lot more edging and sweeps in certain conditions.

As for speed, it's slower than the 'Naut but not by much. It also feels more porky. I've also surfed some small waves and it was ok. As this boat handles completely different than the 'Naut, I'm still taking my time to figure out it's handling characteristics before venturing out on some real nasty stuff.

Overall still happy with my purchase.