Submitted: 06-17-2013 by Dan

This is a further review for the LPB I built in June of 2011.
I have now logged roughly 1000 nautical miles in this boat, including several day trips over 20 nautical miles in length.
Nothing I stated in my initial review has changed. I LOVE THIS BOAT!!

When paddling solo (which is 2 to 4 times a week) I am able to maintain a speed made good of 4.2 to 4.7 knots, depending on conditions. (the 4.7 knots being maintained on a 5 nautical mile workout circuit at ("race pace" effort). This includes a 20.1 nautical mile day where I maintained a SMG of 4.4 knots. This boat eats up the miles at it's target speeds! The biggest problem I have with this boat is having to slow down when I'm with other paddlers. Full on sprint speed in this boat (while using a greenland paddle) is a little above it's theoretical hull speed of of 5.36 knots. In dead calm flat water, I've been able to maintain a 200 meter sprint speed (maximum physical effort) of 5.45 knots, and the boat is in semi planing trim.

The boat tracks excellent, responds superbly to paddler input (leaned turns, rudder strokes) and accelerates very quickly due to it's light weight. I've had it out in Beaufort Force "5" conditions and felt completely comfortable.

The skin is still in great condition. I have not had to do any repairs or touch-ups to the urethane coating as of yet, and I'm expecting that I will be able to go another 3 to 4 years before needing to re-skin it.

All in all, this boat is one frickin' awesome paddling machine, and my feelings about all the qualities I initially raved about in my original review have not diminished in the slightest. A highly recommended boat for advanced paddlers, or even intermediate paddlers who want to push their abilities to the next level.