Submitted: 06-13-2013 by J.B.M.

After much online research I finally decided to buy an Old Town Vapor 10. I wanted a kayak that I could use primarily to descend rivers with class I and II rapids and with the knowledge gained from years of canoeing experience was somewhat concerned about the "keels" on the bow and stern. I also wanted a kayak that would track well on flat stretches with a strong headwind. I needn't have been concerned. This kayak is everything I wanted!

One thing I want to mention in particular. I have read some reviews complaining about the location of the drainplug. I found the location of the drainplug to be perfect! You just pull the kayak about halfway up on a gravel bar and turn the kayak up on its side to drain water. This is much easier than turning one upside down and lifting one end up in the air to drain water out a drain hole located at the other end. I would recommend getting a spray skirt or splash shield if you intend to run class I and II rapids, as the cockpit is quite long and it is easy to take on water without one.

Danuu Fishing Seats: