Submitted: 06-11-2013 by KC

This is a new model kayak and seems to be intended to replace the Manta. Sold at Sports Authority, only available in green. It's basically the cheapest tandem you can get. I bought it knowing what it is... a cheap kayak for tooling around with my kids.

It actually weighs 76 lbs (not 66 as listed here). It is a tandem but has a jump seat in the middle. Capacity is 425 lbs. My intention is to carry two kids with me so this is fine. It is surprisingly spacious for a 10.5' kayak. Very stable. Actually tracks pretty well too. It is not fast but I wouldn't call it slow either. It's perfect for playing around with the kids or even taking alone and going fishing. My only negative is that it is on the heavy side for lifting myself but I knew that going in to it.

I would recommend it for exactly this purpose - going nowhere and playing with kids on lake, slow river, or calm surf.