Submitted: 06-07-2013 by JP

I really like this boat. We picked Safaris because we don't have the space to store hard kayaks in our apartment, and we didn't want to drop an additional $500+ on racks for the car. The Safari has been perfect on this score: it folds down beautifully and stores in a closet or in the trunk of the car. It really does inflate fast - with the pump recommended on the Innova website we inflate our boats in about five minutes (really!). The only thing we don't like about inflating is the seat and foot rest have to be done by mouth - perhaps there's an adapter to make a pump work for these but we don't have one. Still, these are small receptacles and inflate fast too. The deflating is impressive also - open the valves and the boat deflates itself in a minute or so with very minimal fussing from us. The valves seem a little fussy though - sometimes we have to press the lock button several times to get it to actually pop up.
We found purchasing easy and customer service good.

We are not experienced kayakers, but we find the boat easy to paddle and quite responsive. The only down side is the self bailing holes let in some water so I always have a damp behind. This rules out long distance cold weather paddling unless I invest in some protective gear. But I like not having to worry about baling - overall it's not a big problem.