Submitted: 06-05-2013 by TD

2012 model with the upgraded seat and rudder. Primary purpose- Multi-day camping trips.

Overall
Very nice fit in the kayak. I'm 5'11 and 175 lbs with disproportionately long legs, and it gives plenty of room. I can get in and out of it easily without shoes on.

Stability - Excellent stability.
Tracking- Great tracking. In strong winds you can expect normal weather-cocking. Rudder really helps in high winds. Rudder also makes it very easy to navigate in small areas, surprisingly maneuverable.

Speed - Comparable to other touring kayaks of the same size.
Storage - Front compartment access is a bit small. Hatches are effective at keeping out water. The shape of the top of the boat is angled and it makes it a bit more difficult to attach other gear onto it, but it's not that big of a problem.

Comfort - The upgraded seat is pretty comfortable. It has a useless cup holder in the center that places the drink too far into my crotch.

COMPLAINTS
Rudder system is plastic and feels kinda cheap. I wish it was aluminum like on the higher end boats, but I doubt it's really needed for the purpose. The rudder lines also feel like that have some elasticity to them, which I don't like very much.
Water breaks over the kayak really easily, a spray skirt is a must in high winds.

All this being said, I would highly recommend it to someone looking for a kayak of this size. I would buy another one.