Submitted: 06-04-2013 by Jane

I am 5'4" 118 lbs, relatively new to kayaking and wasn't sure I could handle a 14 ft boat. The Tsunami 140 proved to be stable and easy to paddle. I was a big fan of the rudder system - this was the first time I had tried a boat with one and it made turning and saying on course SO much easier. It's one of those things that if you don't know about it you can do without it but once you have it you will never go back.

The Tsunami has generous storage space which would be great for Kayak camping. Front and rear bulkheads also add balance for safety I'm told. The one biggest drawback for me was the weight. At 53 lbs it was already pushing it at the beginning of the journey but after a long day of paddling when my arms are like jelly, there is NO way I am getting this on top of my car or even more than a foot up onto the shore for that matter.

Although I found this to be an enjoyable boat to paddle, being my size I don't think it's the best boat for me. If you do get something this heavy, I recommend getting the Thule Hullivator which has hydroulic lift assist so you only have to lift it waist height (as opposed to over your head) to get it on your car. I also found it to be a bit wide for my size. I could not comfortably keep my legs up against the thigh braces, it was just too wide.

Good boat overall for a larger paddler. My boyfriend is 5'9" about 150 lbs and he was comfortable but also found it a bit too heavy. We enjoyed the 140 but will continue shopping for the perfect boat!