Submitted: 05-28-2013 by cdennyb
I've had this kayak about 4 months now, and had it out on 4 different outings... all lakes and one overnight trip. I have nothing but good to say about it and I highly recommend the rudder! In the wind it's a lifesaver, allowing you to concentrate on power to the blades and less on force to one side or the other to counteract the wind blowing you off course.

I've loaded this thing down with a LOT of camping gear, and very little of it lightweight backpack stuff either. I've had packs of gear on the deck both front and back of me and with only 3-4" of freeboard at each side it tracked perfect, and fast too! My GF has a Dirigo 10'6" model and she's always behind and weaving all over the place, lol. She's looking for another Nantucket cause she loves mine so much.

I've added a single stainless stud just in front of the cockpit railing to mount my digital camera for videos and pics. I also added a 'sticky backed' Go-Pro mount on the left side for some action shots. I also fabricated a paddle holder and installed it on the left side as well because I like to fly fish from it and this stores the paddle safe and sound. I have a spray skirt but only use it to keep the trash out while hauling it and at camp if it rains.

The hull is solid, the water tight compartments are plenty big enough for the gear but beware that packing your camping gear in a dry bag and then trying to stuff it thru the smaller of the two hatches will result in frustration... but if you pack the bag about 1/2 full and then feed it thru the small hole it's easily packed in the space below deck provided.

I don't have a cup holder or anything like that so I'm always spilling my open soda can in the floor but a water bottle with a screw lid is safe. The stock seat lacks a little in the comfort area but I cut out a 1/4" thick neoprene pad and used contact cement to glue it to the seat bottom, butt problem fixed! I have no need for side pads and since I'm not intending to roll this thing over, I figured it was fine without them.

I'm only 5'-5" (130 lbs) and I have no issue lifting it into the back of my pickup and using a piece of foam on the cab I rest the other end on the tailgate and with some ratchet straps I can easily haul it to wherever I want to go. It's a great boat, well worth the 1/2 full retail price I paid of $700. I'm looking for another one now for my GF.