Submitted: 05-24-2013 by Loud-Ass Arod

I've had the Ride for a few months now, and I feel adequate enough to give a proper review.

Size:
This yak weighs in about 100 pounds. I'm a big guy and its challenging for me to load up on my car alone. It would be easier for me if I had a pick up truck or trailer. With this size, Ride 135 holds up to 500 pounds. I've had my girlfriend's dog in the back storage area, my dog in between my legs, and my girlfriend seating on the bow of the yak facing me. It held up to the weight of us, but I wouldn't recommend kayaking far like this. I did it just to test the weight limits. This means you can hold a lot of gear. Great for day trips and overnights. My next challenge is a 2-3 trip and a week one after that.

Mobility:
Despite the weight of the yak, she moves. It does take a few paddles but moves swiftly after that. Turning can be challenging but that's due to the length. A rudder would help with turns.

Storage:
My Ride 135 is the 2012 model and comes with the new hatches. A flip of the two levers and the hatches pop open. Plenty of room in the bow. The other hatch is located between your legs for easy convenience. Plenty of room in the rear of the yak. I can slide my seat up and put even more gear in that space. I'm often the mule and get to carry everyone's gear.

The Seat:
The seat is adjustable and a big selling point for me. As I stated before, you can adjust the seat if you want. You would want to do this to balance your yak depending on your gear. Other perks, slide the seat all the way back and you have a standing platform. The seat works better than most but after a few hours you will start to cramp. I stand up and paddle like a Stand Up Paddle board. Standing helps you cast your fishing pole and increase your field of vision. sliding the seat all the way forward gives you room between the seat and the rear compartment. storage area. The seat does get uncomfortable after a few hours but that is expected. The newer models have different seats that should be more comfortable.

After many months I am still satisfied with my Ride. I can't wait until I take her out again.