Submitted: 05-19-2013 by rikjohnson
Another addendum to my 2010 review: extra gear!
I bought a plastic cup froman old boy scout cook-kit,the one that is marked inside with amounts. Cut most of the handle off and it fits inside the Jetboil pot. I prefer this to using the burner cover. Plus the cup can hold my P-38 can-opener and some storm-matches plus my Optimus Crux as a back-up.

I cut the plastic lid from a gallon ice-cream bucket into a disc which wraps around my Jetboil. I use this under the fuel can as a) an extra stabilizer on bad ground, b) a cutting board, c) early warning as when this thing heats up, I know the fuel can is about to explode. I got an old cloth wine-bag which holds the entire system and a large fuel can easily plus the bag is a pot-holder.

So here it is, years later and i am still using the Jetboil with no complaints.
Maria is a paddle-buddy and liked how every night and morning we made hot-chocolate so easily... so she mentioned it to her father who bought her one for herself.

The only improvement that I can think of is to get the Sumo pot. And yes, I tested it out, the same stove will fit every Jetboil pot they sell. So you can buy the Solo for your own needs, the titanium pot for ultralight camping or the Sumo for a couple or small family.

OS Systems: