Submitted: 10-17-2000 by Simon

I rented a Yukon for an overnight trip down a mostly flat river. The Yukon is definitely very stable and did carry a fair amount of gear, but I felt it could have made better use of available capacity with a larger forward compartment and perhaps some aft deck bungie netting. The boat was very comfortable for me with plenty of leg and knee room, but it was rather difficult to keep it on track. This particular one didn't have the rudder installed, and that would have helped, I'm sure, but without one, it tended to wander and weathercock. It was quite maneuverable in the few fast sections of the river, but there weren't enough of them on this trip to make up for the lack of tracking on open water. I don't like to rely on a rudder over good technique, but I think it is pretty necessary on this boat. If you want a boat to carry a fair amount of stuff on a fast river, then this is probably a good choice, but if you are traveling long distances on slow rivers, then you might want to think about something a little sleeker.