Submitted: 05-17-2013 by Brock
Update to my previous review after purchasing the canoe used. I have used it a couple dozen times mostly in tidal rivers here along coast and on some old rice flats chasing redfish. Boat has been exceptional on the narrow feeder canals entering the flooded rice flats....

Bood stability and tracking in slow to medium rivers depending on rising or falling tide and wind. Recently took her on a 4 day camp/canoe/hunt excursion in Georgia...put in at landing...paddled solo almost 8 miles against the wind but at least I had a slow following tide. Boat was loaded completely with cooler, water, camping gear and my recurve, arrows, etc...plus clothing in waterproof bags. Boat was a little uneven with front up about 8 inches even with water and cooler of food in front which caused the wind to catch it on the paddle to camp. I was able to learn the boats nuances and paddle fairly predictable by playing the wind and current and staying to edges and cutting corners. During the stay it worked great for going from island to island chasing feral hogs. On final day it was loaded for the paddle back to landing just above freezing. The falling tide was much swifter and with the lower water it exposed a lot of sweepers and water obstructions... even a fairly fast exit into a diversion canal to save time that was blocked by a sand bar and a sweeper with a strong wind to my port side trying to push me into the obstructions I was able to dig with the paddle and keep it moving without dumping on me. Some good chop and with a boat fully loaded I was very pleased with the handling of the boat even in a precarious situation.

It is not the fastest though with two people on flat water it flies in my book...not most manueuverable but is able to make good turns even in small tight lowcountry tidal creeks and swamps...stability is good especially secondary. This is not the best canoe I have ever seen or paddled but is a good, solid, reliable and stable canoe that will cover a multitude of situations in a GOOD to VERY GOOD response. It excels on flat slow water with two paddlers but is up to the task for an occasional solo paddle or in faster moving water if needed. To me this is the epitome of a expedition/trapper styled canoe that can handle it all well...but really showing its worth on flat water when loaded.
Good paddling....