Submitted: 05-13-2013 by Bloss

I have paddled many kayaks and canoes over the years but this one has by far the most comfortable seat of any of them. I'm 5'10" and 215 pounds and I find the boat very stable.

Though it is often advertised as a sit-on-top kayak I consider it a canoe hybrid, though it is more stable than any canoe, probably due to the dual tunnel hull that resembles a pontoon boat. It sports a fairly wide beam which is why it is paddled with a kayak paddle.

I have the basic version that weighs 50 pounds, and about 45 pounds with the removable seat out. I keep the tops of the gunwales free of attachments so that it can be pushed up onto the canoe rack on top of my car and the light weight makes that a fairly easy proposition.

This boat tracks straight without a lot of correction. It is not as quick as the Pungo 120, but is not as slow as the Hurricane Phoenix 120 sit-on-top I had a while back. After paddling kayaks for the last few years I appreciate the open bow that provides easy access to gear and the ability to stretch my legs and back without getting out of the boat.

This boat does have a sharp underside to the gunwale so when you grab it to pull the boat out of the water it cuts into your hand a bit. That's the only really negative aspect to the design that I've noticed so far.

I rate this boat a 9 out of 10 overall. If it was a bit faster I'd give it a 10, but nothing in this world is perfect.