Submitted: 05-08-2013 by castaways01
I'm really a fan of the Perception Sport kayaks. I have 2 of the Pescador 10s, 2 Rambler 9.5s, and a Perception Search. I've replaced 2 Hobie kayaks with the Pescadors and like them much better. They seem to be made well and are good quality for the price. Our vacation guests say they really enjoy using these kayaks and I've taken it out several times for test cruising and snorkeling. Its easier to handle than the larger Search.

This kayak has a lot of features found on more expensive yaks and is comfortable and stable for being 10' long, 29" wide. It has the Perception Comfort Seating System, like on my more expensive Search; 2 hatches, and a deep well with bungees. It also has 4 nice carrier handles (not molded ones) and a paddle keeper bungee. At around 50 lbs., I can't lift it up alone to put back on its deck rack, but I can slide it into the water and pull it back out again easily.

I'd highly recommend this kayak, especially if you can buy it for around $450. The reason I didn't give it a 10 instead of a 9 is because the hatches go all the way through the hull and anything placed in them can't be grabbed out quickly. The hatches are not convenient and I most likely will never use them unless I buy some hatch bags.

Watercraft Technologies, Inc.: