Submitted: 04-29-2013 by Andrew Mason

I purchased this boat from Dick's Sporting Goods in Dec. 2012, and my wife first used it in Feb. 2013 on a trip to Florida. The first time out a buckle on the seat adjusting strap broke. Shortly afterwards, a second buckle broke, and after that, one of the carry straps broke! All this under normal use by a 120 lb. woman. I attempted to contact the manufacturer by email and phone over a dozen times to get replacements under warranty, but never had a response--or even reached anyone there for that matter. Dick's customer service was not much better--first telling me they could not help, and then giving me the same manufacturer's number that had been ignored previously. Finally I disputed the charge on my credit card and the card company contacted the original store where the boat was purchased. To the store manager's credit, he OKed taking the straps off another boat for me. All in all, a bad experience. My advice--don't go near Fusion Beach. (You may want to check reviews at Dick's web site--many similar stories.)

Talic: