Submitted: 04-12-2013 by Jim Wick

Over the past 25 years I have owned 4 Royak Kayaks. it burned in a house fire. I bought a new one and it was stolen. I now own 2 that I bought off Craigs List. I am now and have been totally in love with this machine. Over those years I have owned 5-6 other kayaks, but always felt they didn't compare with a Royak.

Paddling is smooth and comfortable. Paddler sits with rump below water line and the boat has a built-in water ballast. Stability is excellent! Storage is more than adequate. The rounded bow disperses the force of any chop or waves you encounter and helps keep the ride smooth. I do mostly ocean paddling in Ventura, California. I prefer paddling on windy choppy seas type days because the Royak deals with those conditions very well.

The Royak is the most efficiently designed boat I have ever paddled. Mr. Grabenhauer designed a fantastic boat. I could never recommend it highly enough.