Submitted: 04-10-2013 by BigandSmall
Seawings with Stinger Attachment:
Small ladies take a close look at this one since it makes loading very easy. My wife is quite petite and can easily use the stinger attachment to load her boat on top of our minivan (still needs a ladder for the straps). I've transported my Delta 18.5 as well as Tsunami SP's and P&H Scorpios over 1500KM at highway speeds without issue or excessive road noise as listed by others. The racks are also quite quiet when empty; obviously there is some noise with something bolted to your roof but they don't howl.

I'm not sure how the stinger would work with a flat rec boat but for a sea kayak with V Shaped ends it's fantastic. There is no comparison between loading my Delta 18.5 overhead sideways by myself onto the van and shooting it up on the stinger. The only downfall I can think of is the factory crossbar flexes when rotated from the load caused by the stinger. That would be the minivans fault though and not the rack.

We initially only bought one stinger to test it out. It's easy to move the boats from one rack to another once on the roof. For convenience though I am going to order a second stinger attachment. They also go on an off easily without tools once you figure it out. I just bought another set for my truck.