Submitted: 04-10-2013 by Jim T

I purchased my OT Charles River new and only used it a couple of times before leaving it on my farm in Washington State on the Skokomish River w/relatives with the request to have it stored in the barn and temporarily strapped it to a truckbed converted trailer, which had blown off due to severe wind conditions, after recovery, it was weeks due to flooding from the river it was strapped back to the trailer using a wide ratcheting commercial truck strap.

When I returned to my farm last summer, the canoe was secured so tight it looked like a large red bowtie. It still handled well in the modest (shallow) flow of the river even with a pronounced crease in the bottoms center. I returned to So. California for it to rest on two wood horses in the hot sun and after a time outside (120°+) it returned to its shape with only a very slight hard to see dimple on the bottom. Fantastic, as it will probably return to shape completely this summer with use and SC sun strobe.

I rate this canoe bomb proof and it never oilcans like other royalex canoes that I have owned. An overall great boat awesome to handle on moving and still water alike.

Suspenz: