You are responding to the following review:
Submitted: 03-25-2013 by PJ
Having recently disposed of my Chilco, I feel confident to add my name to a review.
- Very well built (Made in Canda)
- Excellent outfitting
- Huge storage volume
- Nice to look at(?)
- Very very tippy (I had to put one bag of cement in a Sealine bag in both the front and rear compartments to have any kind of primary stability.
I only weigh 175-178lbs.
- Gas pedal foot controls for the rudder
- Thigh pads were too far forwards and required me moving the seat forwards which made me move the pedals forwards which made the recessed deck fittings get in the way.
- Slow to turn. Even when using the rudder and bracing.
- No rocker. Waves just swept right through (and I'm not talking big stuff).
This is a very well built kayak designed for week long expeditions. But for day outings, having to ballast the kayak is a real drag. I also had zero confidence taking it out in kind of fun to nasty conditions. In the end, I went back to my old brand (Valley Kayaks) and bought the Etain with skeg. From now on I'm sticking with British style sea kayaks.
* All you need to do is submit the form above and an email message will be sent to the owner of the ad you are enquiring about.