Submitted: 03-24-2013 by JoeJ

I've owned a kevlar Malecite since I bought it new in '96. Incredible canoe. I paddle it solo 80% of the time using the optional 3rd seat. I've taken it to the BWCA numerous times with 2 people and a week's worth of gear. Everyone who has accompanied me is blown away by the handling and performance. Our last trip was a 3 man trip which included a kayak with my canoe carrying 2 guys and the bulk of the gear. The friend paddling the kayak could not believe how fast the Malecite was, especially in the windy conditions we encountered.

I believe this canoe is the perfect blend of capacity and performance for day paddling and short back country trips that don't require a huge amount of gear. It is an incredibly fast and beautiful boat for average sized paddlers with a weeks worth of gear; my 12 year old daughter and I can really make this thing dance when we're out together.