Submitted: 03-21-2013 by redfeather1
I've had my Kalliste paddle, with the bent shaft for about five years now and couldn't be happier with it. My principal paddling location is glacial fjords in Alaska.

The Kalliste's light weight and the ability to continually adjust my hand position means less fatigue and more enjoyment. One of the nicest features is the indexed, adjustable ferrule, which is extremely easy to adjust on the fly with very little hand strength required compared to my older Werner Little Dipper with the thumb-button spring set-up. The carbon blade has proven to be very durable; despite some rather extreme use poling through pack ice and shoving off offshore rock faces, it shows very little sign of wear and absolutely no de-lamination.

Probably the best piece of paddling equipment (other than my Feathercraft boat) that I have invested in. The price is a bit steep, but you won't regret the price when you're paddling along with good energy and little hand fatigue for hours on end.