Submitted: 03-20-2013 by torinoangie
This Islander was my first ever kayak. It is 10' long and I am 5'6" 125lbs.. It does not feel tipsy at all. I have had this Kayak for 4 years now and it has seen well over a dozen rivers each season. It is light to carry when I have to portage and it is sturdy. Got caught in the rain and hit a few boulders in the water. I have not seen many kayaks like this one and I get lots of compliments. It came with a comfy seat, adjustable foot pegs and built in cup holder in the seat. My only complaint is that although my dry hatch is HUGE, it is not separate from the rest of the boat so things will get wet if not stored in a dry bag. I would recommend this Islander Encore Kayak to anyone beginning or even for an expert. Qualities I would look for in my next Kayak are more storage options.

Advanced Elements: