Submitted: 03-18-2013 by DK

My 70 year old 6'2" body didn't like bending into the tight cockpit of my 16' Swift touring kayak so I searched and searched for an equal kayak with a longer cockpit. The Kestrel 160 was my first choice, but it's no longer produced, so I bought the 140 composite summer of 2012. Needless to say, it takes more paddling effort, but I really like this kayak. I feel more comfortable turning around looking at wildlife through binoculars, my knees don't have scrapes from squeezing in and out of the cockpit, it's light weight, I've found no flaws with the finish, hatches seal 100%, seat is extremely comfortable, and I use a half-skirt to keep paddle drips and spray out. The only negative is that I thought it was American made, but it was made in China. But they did make a good boat! I totally recommend it.

Ally Folding Canoes: