Submitted: 03-15-2013 by Gordon

I ordered the Tsunami 145 with rudder from L.L.Bean last year during their big kayak sale. This is a great kayak. I have paddled it through the ocean in 4 to 6' seas and everything in between, it handles great. The rudder is a great option and worth every dime. In rough currents and waves that sweep you sideways in a minute you will be glad you bought the rudder.

The Tsunami 145 is so much more than my Carolina 14 was. Waves would pick up the stern of my Carolina 14 and stick the bow under water. Not to say that it still doesn't happen but I feel much more stable with the Tsunami hull design. I owned a Boreal Ellsmere 17' fiberglass kayak last year, what a Cadillac, but it was a little too tipsy for me. I also have a Hobie Revolution 13 that is fun if you are in the mood to paddle, peddle or sail. If you buy a Revolution 13 get the optional Turbo Fins, the Sailing Rudder and the Sail. You really will have a blast.