Submitted: 02-26-2013 by msuther8
Was considering buying one of these, so rented one for a day. Overall I liked it but do not think I'll be buying one. First of all the 43lb weight is really nice. Easy to pick up and carry if you end up parked a good distance from the water. Another plus was the hull construction. Very tough. While I was aware when I went over a submerged log it never bent or buckled like my previous kayak.

But I'd only rate it OK for tracking. Like one or two others reviewed here, mine liked to drift to the right. Not a lot, it was easy to correct, but a little annoying. I also agree the seat wasn't the most comfortable. At the end of a couple of hours I was glad to stand up for a while. The cockpit was a little more open than I like but that's a personal thing. So I can see why many might want to get this kayak.
I will say try before you buy if possible.