Submitted: 02-24-2013 by CJA

My wife and I each got a Breeze after being unable to rent kayaks on a camping trip a few years ago. We had only ever rented tandem recreational kayaks before, so the Breeze was an upgrade for us.

This boat is sturdy, yet relatively light and easy to paddle. The cockpit gives you plenty of room and the adjustable seats are plenty comfortable. We took these boats out in Sommes Sound on Mt Desert Island this past summer. The wind, waves and tide were much more than we had ever dealt with in the past. Much. More. Once we got out to where things got rough, I was worried about my wife. As it turns out she thought it was fun...until the trip back. Conditions were getting worse and she was getting scared. I now have to assume that despite our worries, the Breeze was ready for it. It was us who weren't. Because, even with now bigger waves hitting us from different sides, it didn't really seem to affect the boat, just our nerves. Still, after a couple of years with these, we will be adding the rudder this spring.

At this point the only bad things I can say about this boat are; you'll want the rudder if you want to keep from constantly adjusting your course. No front hatch means I have to keep my stuff in my wife's boat and paddle up to her to get it and vice-versa. Did I mention you'll want the rudder?