Submitted: 02-20-2013 by rkoth

I got an Emotion kayak for Father's day 2 years ago. I LOVED this kayak. It IS cheap, in quality and price, but was a heck of a value and can be used in a lot of different types of water. It's an 8 to me because of the value.

The seat back is terrible, I finally took it out and added a back band. Must have foot pegs too or it isn't worth a hoot. Once I added those, I paddled it on lakes, at the Outer Banks - ocean and sound, on flat rivers, on class I, II and even III rivers and creeks. I did my share of swimming though. If one has better than beginner paddling skills (I did and do) then the Comet can to a lot. I even eskimo rolled it. I don't advise using it in surf and class III. I fished in it a lot too, but that tough to do if you land a decent size fish.

I have since bought a Dagger Mamba and Pyranha Recoil which cost 3 times more than a Comet, but it is what got me started and prepared for these boats and the waters they prefer.